Never in a million years would I’ve ever thought the place and space I would grow up in as a child would be full of broken safety. I spent a lot of time trying to find my place in the world. I never felt like I fitted in anywhere. I was always the outsider in the group. I had a hard time making friends even before the abuse happened. I made up in my mind that I was just different instead unwanted. I just wanted to feel safe and that’s what happen when I started writing my feelings down on paper.
I wrote in the dark with tears stream down my face many nights. I allowed my journal to keep my secrets feelings of suicide and low self-esteem so I could sleep at night. I continued this practice well throughout my teenage years to cope with my abuse. I couldn’t trust anyone so I decide to trust me and the way I showed trust to myself was through my nightly writing session in the dark.
When I became an adult I transitioned into writing songs and poems to continue to strengthen this very safe place I had created for myself with the support of God’s hand on my shoulder for reassurance that things would get better just keep writing yourself those letters. It has been a pivotal part of my healing process that I continue to do each and every day. Although I have come a long, long way from when I first started this journey I still have some work to finish. I hope your safe place is still safe for you as well.
1. Unlimited energy to work until you fall asleep.
2. New thoughts and ideas will accompany the desire.
3. Moment of joy which is the auntie to happiness.
4. Your higher power’s nudge to keep going
5. Clarity to clear your memories bank’s pathway to your next step.
6. The need to take action naturally without second guessing.
7. Self-validation to grow now.
8. New energy given by the people waiting to help you fulfill this desire.
9. It’s time to put the whole YOU first while accepting all your the flaws
10. That the word “No” is self-love.
11. The need to smile involuntarily.
I hope you enjoy and grow from this list of confirmation that you are on the right track.
How do you know when your heart is aligned with your desires?